The VCU Rams (17-7, 7-4 A10) will be at the Robins Center to meet the Richmond Spiders (18-6, 8-3 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
VCU Rams at Richmond Spiders ATS Odds
In their last game, the Spiders won big over the La Salle Explorers, 74-47, while the Rams were beaten by the George Mason Patriots, 72-67.
Richmond played a flawless contest. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 20.4) and a free throw rate of 0.159 (below their season average of 0.217). For those same stats, La Salle put up marks of 12.5 and 0.070, respectively. VCU, meanwhile, forced George Mason into a turnover percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 16.3). Grant Golden had a good game for Richmond, finishing with 16 points and six rebounds. Issac Vann, meanwhile played a key role for VCU with 13 points.
In their first matchup this season, Marcus Santos-Silva led the Rams to an 87-68 victory. He recorded 14 points and eight rebounds. VCU out-rebounded Richmond. The Rams had 12 offensive rebounds and 38 total rebounds, while the Spiders had seven and 34, respectively.
Ball security could play an integral role in this matchup. Richmond commits the 15th-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the pesky defense of VCU forces the seventh-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 25.7 percent).
VCU at Richmond Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Richmond, ATS Winner – Richmond, O/U – Under
- VCU ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Richmond ranks 223rd (23.8).
- The Spiders rank 31st in assists per game (15.2) while the Rams rank 108th (13.7).
- The Rams rank 28th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Spiders rank 156th (2.6).
- Richmond averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. VCU ranks 135th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spiders have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average).