Expect a low-scoring game when the VCU Rams (9-4) go head-to-head against the Fordham Rams (9-4) at Rose Hill Gym. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
VCU Rams at Fordham Rams Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. Fordham had no trouble getting past the City College of New York Beavers 106-58, while VCU was victorious over the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs 69-57.
VCU played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.483. Gardner-Webb was 32.4 and 0.433, respectively, for those same stats. Fordham, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (6.5 vs. 27.9). Nick Honor played well for Fordham, recording 18 points. VCU received a boost from Issac Vann, who put up 16 points and eight rebounds.
VCU dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last game, VCU won 83-58. VCU’s 0.685 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Fordham, who had a rate of 0.431. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
VCU vs. Fordham Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Fordham, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Over
- VCU ranks 31st in steals per game (8.3) while Fordham ranks 133rd (5.9).
- VCU ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Fordham ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (16.8).
- VCU ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Fordham ranks 72nd (11.8).
- Fordham ranks 139th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5) while VCU ranks 234th (39.4).
- VCU ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.4) while Fordham ranks first in blocks allowed per game (1.4).
- During their last five games, VCU has scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- Fordham’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 9.2 for the season.