The Vanderbilt Commodores (8-7, 0-2 SEC) and their great offense visit Arkansas to play the Razorbacks (13-2, 2-1 SEC) and their stifling defense. The game can be seen on SEC Network at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Vanderbilt Commodores at Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Razorbacks defeated the Ole Miss Rebels, 76-72, while the Commodores got blown out by the Texas A&M Aggies, 69-50.
The Razorbacks forced 16 turnovers and held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.497). Vanderbilt, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). Isaiah Joe put together a solid game for Arkansas with 34 points. Ejike Obinna, meanwhile had a good outing for Vanderbilt, finishing with 12 points and seven rebounds.
The Razorbacks dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent matchup, Arkansas won 84-48. The Razorbacks’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Commodores. Arkansas had a rate of 14.3, while Vanderbilt posted a mark of 27.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The physical Arkansas offense could be living from the free throw line in this battle. The Razorbacks rank 67th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.260, while Vanderbilt ranks 273rd in FTA rate allowed (0.259). Moreover, the Commodores’ 45th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 109.9) will go head-to-head against the Razorbacks’ 11th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 85.8).
Vanderbilt Commodores at Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Under
- Vanderbilt ranks 124th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while Arkansas ranks 236th (38.3).
- The Razorbacks are 15th in the country with 17.4 three pointers allowed per game while the Commodores are 54th with 19.3 three pointers allowed per game.
- Vanderbilt blocks 4.4 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 46th in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5).
- The Razorbacks rank ninth in assists allowed per game (9.1) while the Commodores rank 110th (12.3).
- Arkansas ranks 17th in steals per game (9.3) while Vanderbilt ranks 71st (7.6).
- During their last five games, the Razorbacks have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (6.5 above their season average).
- The Commodores have been outscored by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Vanderbilt has defeated opponents by an average of 4.2 points.