The Vanderbilt Commodores (11-16, 5-9 SEC) can end a 10-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the LSU Tigers (15-11, 6-8 SEC) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. LSU is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Vanderbilt Commodores vs. LSU Tigers Betting Preview
The last time the Commodores played, they edged the Florida Gators, 71-68. Jeff Roberson was the games high scorer with 26 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Commodores knocked down 22 of their 24 free throws (91.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.509).
The Tigers hope to maintain momentum after barely hanging on to beat the Missouri Tigers in their last matchup, 64-63. With 21 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Tremont Waters was the games high scorer. LSU played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 29.9) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 15.0). For those same stats, Missouri put up marks of 15.6 and 17.8, respectively.
LSU could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Tigers currently rank 45th in offensive efficiency, while Vanderbilt ranks 302nd in defensive efficiency.
Of Vanderbilt’s 24 games with betting action, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of LSU’s 23 games have finished under the projected point total. The Tigers come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 15-11 SU and 11-9-3 ATS, while the Commodores are 11-16 SU and 7-17 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 148 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 145.5. The Commodores won 77-71, covering as 2-point favorites. Vanderbilt had a much better free throw rate (0.408 vs. 0.210). LSU, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 vs. 22.6). Duop Reath recorded a double-double in the defeat, with 31 points and 13 rebounds.
Vanderbilt Commodores vs. LSU Tigers ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 100th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Commodores rank 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- On the road, Vanderbilt is 3-8 ATS with 7 unders and 4 overs.
- LSU is 7-3-2 ATS at home with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Vanderbilt ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while LSU ranks 206th (23.3).
- The Tigers rank 42nd in steals per game (7.4) while the Commodores rank 224th (4.7).
- LSU ranks 124th in assists per game (14.1) while Vanderbilt ranks 230th (12.1).
- LSU is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Vanderbilt is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Commodores have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average).