Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller, and the Vancouver Canucks will do battle against Phillip Danault, Tomas Tatar, and the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre in a cross-country showdown. The first puck will drop at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, and fans at home can witness the game live on Sportsnet Pacific.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Montreal Canadiens Odds
Moneyline odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Vancouver is 33-28 straight up (SU) and has netted 4.7 units for moneyline bettors this season. Through 61 regular season outings, 33 of its games have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just three have pushed. The Nucks are 13-17 SU on the road in 2019-20.
Vancouver has converted on 23.0 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked 18th out of 31 teams, and the team’s successfully killed off 80.1 percent of all penalties..
With a .918 save percentage and 30.3 saves per game, Jacob Markstrom (23-20-4) has been the top option in goal for Vancouver this season. If Vancouver chooses to rest him, however, head coach Travis Green may roll with Thatcher Demko (11-9-2), who has a .905 save percentage and 3.03 goals against average this year.
On the other bench, Montreal is 29-35 straight up (SU) and has lost 13.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 64 regular season outings, 33 of its games have gone under the total, while 28 have gone over and just three have pushed. This year, the team is 13-20 SU as the home team.
The Canadiens have converted on just 19.3 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 19th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.5 percent of all opponent power plays.
Carey Price has stopped 27.6 shots per game as the primary choice in the crease for the Canadiens. Price has 26 wins, 27 losses, and five OT losses to his name and has maintained a pedestrian 2.71 goals against average and a .912 save percentage this year.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Montreal Canadiens Betting Predictions
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Canadiens, O/U – Over
- The Canadiens are 8-10 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 21-25 in games where they serve fewer than 10 penalty minutes, in total.
- Two of Vancouver’s last ten games have been decided by a shootout. The team is 0-2 in those games and 3-3 overall in shootouts this season.
- Vancouver has averaged 9.8 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 8.1 giveaways per game (the seventh-fewest in the league).
- Montreal skaters have averaged 18.2 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 12.1 giveaways per game (ranked 27th overall).
- The Habs this season have tallied the sixth-most hits in the league (26.6 per game).