J.T. Miller, Elias Pettersson, and the Vancouver Canucks will face off against Brady Tkachuk, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, and the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre in an East-West showdown. The action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, and it can be caught live on Sportsnet Pacific.
Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators Odds
The Canucks (-165) are tabbed as the favorites over the Senators (+145) and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 7 goals (-110 over, -110 under).
Vancouver is 34-28 straight up (SU) and has netted 5.9 units for moneyline bettors this year. 34 of its matches have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just three have pushed. As the away team in 2019-20, the Nucks are 14-17 SU.
Vancouver has converted on 23.7 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that places them in the top-5 among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 16th overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 80.2 percent of all penalties..
With a .918 save percentage and 30.3 saves per game, Jacob Markstrom (23-20-4) has been the primary option in goal for Vancouver this season. If Vancouver chooses to rest him, however, head coach Travis Green may roll with Thatcher Demko (12-9-2 record, .906 save percentage, 3.03 goals against average).
Over on the other bench, Ottawa is 21-43 straight up (SU) and has lost 15.8 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 64 regular season matches, 33 of its games have gone over the total, while 30 have gone under and just one has pushed. The team’s 15-19 SU at home this season.
The Senators have converted on just 15.3 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s ranked 30th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 24th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 77.6 percent of all penalties.
Craig Anderson (26.2 saves per game) has been the primary selection in goal for the Senators. Anderson has nine wins, 21 losses, and two OT losses and has registered a fairly-weak .901 save percentage and 3.21 goals against average this year.
Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators Betting Predictions
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Senators, O/U – Over
- Two of the Canucks’ last ten games have ended in a shootout. The team is 0-2 in those games and 3-3 overall in shootouts this season.
- The total has gone over in four of Vancouver’s last five outings.
- Vancouver has managed 28.8 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Ottawa is averaging 34.6 shots per game over its last five at home.
- Over Ottawa’s last ten outings, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 1-5 in those games).
- The Sens this season have recorded the fourth-most hits per game in the NHL (27.9), but that number has risen to 33.8 over their last five home outings.