The Valparaiso Crusaders (10-9, 3-3 MVC) will be at JQH Arena to take on the Missouri State Bears (9-10, 3-3 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Valparaiso Crusaders at Missouri State Bears Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Bears defeated the Evansville Aces 68-58, while the Crusaders beat the Indiana State Sycamores 86-77.
Valparaiso dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.305 (above their season average of 0.182) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (above their season average of 28.5). Indiana State was 0.127 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Missouri State’s 0.536 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Evansville, who had a rate of 0.439. The Bears’ mark was above their season average of 0.490, while the Aces’ was below their season average of 0.503. Isiaih Mosley put together a solid game for Missouri State with 23 points and eight rebounds. Javon Freeman-Liberty, meanwhile led the way for Valparaiso, finishing with 25 points and eight rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Bears won the most recent contest 55-54. The Bears’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Crusaders. Missouri State had a rate of 13.9, while Valparaiso posted a mark of 16.0. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
It might be a mistake-prone game for the Missouri State offense. Missouri State ranks 296th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Valparaiso forces the 58th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.4 percent).
Valparaiso Crusaders at Missouri State Bears Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Under
- Valparaiso ranks 27th in assists per game (15.9) while Missouri State ranks 200th (11.5).
- The Bears rank 30th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Crusaders rank 109th (34.3).
- The Crusaders rank 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Bears rank 228th (18.9).
- Valparaiso ranks 34th in steals per game (8.4) while Missouri State ranks 152nd (5.9).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Missouri State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (0.5 above their season average).