The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-5) will be at home in Pinnacle Bank Arena when they take on the UTSA Roadrunners (7-5). Nebraska opened as an 11-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
UTSA Roadrunners vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Preview
The Roadrunners easily got past the Bethany (KS) Swedes in their last matchup, 95-67. With six points and 11 rebounds, UTSA’s Byron Frohnen played well. UTSA played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 28.9) and a free throw rate of 0.107 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Bethany (KS) had marks of 14.6 and 0.068, respectively.
In the Cornhuskers last matchup, they were blown out by the No. 13 Kansas Jayhawks, 73-72. James Palmer Jr. was Nebraska’s leading scorer with 14 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Kansas forced the Cornhuskers into a turnover percentage of 18.3 (above their season average of 14.1). Nebraska, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.480).
Nebraska should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Cornhuskers currently rank 99th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.479), while UTSA is 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.528).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving UTSA have gone over 83.3 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Nebraska games have finished under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (7-5 for UTSA; 7-5 for Nebraska), but the Cornhuskers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Nebraska is 7-5 ATS, while the Roadrunners are 5-1.
Deon Lyle has been exceptional recently for UTSA, averaging 14.4 points over the last five games.
UTSA Roadrunners at Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UTSA, ATS Winner – UTSA, O/U – Under
- The Cornhuskers are 26th in the NCAA with 5.1 steals allowed per game while the Roadrunners are 59th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- UTSA averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. Nebraska ranks 224th in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- The Cornhuskers rank 23rd in blocks per game (5.8) while the Roadrunners rank 165th (3.7).
- Nebraska ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while UTSA ranks 116th (24.3).
- The Cornhuskers have been outscored by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Nebraska has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 94.4 points per game (7.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average).