The Oklahoma Sooners (5-1) will be at home in Lloyd Noble Center when they take on the UTSA Roadrunners (5-4). Oklahoma opened as a 22-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 166.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
UTSA Roadrunners at Oklahoma Sooners Odds Preview
The Roadrunners lost to the Utah Valley Wolverines in their last matchup, 88-80. UTSA’s Keaton Wallace had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Utah Valley had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 36.3). UTSA, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.2 vs. 19.2).
The last time the Sooners played, they beat the North Texas Mean Green, 82-72. With 32 points on 10-for-18 shooting, Trae Young was the games leading scorer. Oklahoma dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.136 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 16.2). For those same stats, North Texas put up marks of 0.017 and 19.2, respectively.
This game should be a battle of contrasting styles. Dating back to last season, Oklahoma has preferred a fast-paced style of play (46th in possessions per game), while UTSA has been more half-court-oriented (170th in possessions per game).
Both of these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. UTSA games have gone over 80.0 percent of the time, while 83.3 percent of games including Oklahoma have finished over. The Sooners hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (5-1 vs. 5-4), but the Roadrunners have been better against the spread (ATS) (4-1 vs. 2-4).
UTSA Roadrunners at Oklahoma Sooners Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – UTSA, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Roadrunners rank 144th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Sooners rank 276th (23.5).
- Oklahoma ranks 257th in assists per game (12.0) while UTSA ranks 259th (12.0).
- Oklahoma ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.9) while UTSA ranks 262nd (2.3).
- The Roadrunners rank 33rd in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Sooners rank 247th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- UTSA ranks 92nd in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Oklahoma ranks 234th (6.8).