The UTSA Roadrunners (8-9, 2-2 CUSA) will be at the Don Haskins Center to take on the UTEP Miners (10-7, 1-3 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
UTSA Roadrunners at UTEP Miners Betting Odds
In their last game, the Miners lost a close one to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 64-61, while the Roadrunners beat the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 80-70.
The Roadrunners forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.497). UTEP, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (20-23; 87.0 percent). Bryson Williams had a good outing for UTEP, recording 17 points and five rebounds. Jhivvan Jackson played a key role for UTSA with 23 points and six rebounds.
The Roadrunners dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last contest, UTSA won 67-63. UTSA had a much better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 20.5). UTEP, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.482 vs. 0.432). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The aggressive UTEP offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this contest. The Miners currently rank 11th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.295, while UTSA is among the country’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 255th-ranked FTA rate of 0.247).
UTSA vs. UTEP Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UTSA, ATS Winner – UTSA, O/U – Over
- UTSA ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while UTEP ranks 199th (20.3).
- The Miners rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Roadrunners rank 83rd (11.8).
- UTEP is 32nd in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while UTSA is 59th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Roadrunners rank 36th in rebounds per game (39.7) while the Miners rank 167th (34.9).
- UTSA ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while UTEP ranks 125th (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (0.0 below their season average).
- The Miners have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, UTEP has defeated opponents by an average of 4.8 points.