The Florida Atlantic Owls (15-13, 7-8 CUSA) close out their home schedule at FAU Arena against the UTSA Roadrunners (12-15, 6-8 CUSA). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
UTSA Roadrunners at Florida Atlantic Owls Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Owls defeated the UAB Blazers, 65-58, while the Roadrunners fell to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 77-73.
The Owls made 12 of their 15 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.541 (above their season average of 0.488). UTSA, meanwhile, held Western Kentucky to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.522). Jailyn Ingram played well for Florida Atlantic with 12 points and six rebounds. Keaton Wallace, meanwhile had a solid performance for UTSA, recording 25 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ingram led the Owls to a 79-64 victory. He put up 15 points. Florida Atlantic did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (18-24; 75.0 percent). UTSA, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 vs. 19.4).
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Roadrunners will look to push the more half-court-oriented Owls. The Roadrunners rank 18th in possessions per game while the Owls are 137th.
UTSA Roadrunners vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Over
- Florida Atlantic averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. UTSA ranks 236th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Roadrunners average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 164th in the country. The Owls rank 165th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Owls average 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. The Roadrunners rank 255th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while UTSA ranks 134th (3.6).
- The Roadrunners have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, UTSA has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.0 below their season average).