The UTEP Miners (1-1) will travel to the McKale Memorial Center to go head-to-head against the Arizona Wildcats (2-0). The game can be seen on Pac-12 Network at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
UTEP Miners at Arizona Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Wildcats had no trouble getting past the Cal Poly Mustangs, 82-61, while the Miners were blown out by the New Mexico State Aggies, 96-69.
Arizona played a perfect contest. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 8.4 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. For those same stats, Cal Poly had marks of 21.0 and 13.9, respectively. UTEP, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.164). Ryan Luther fueled Arizona with 17 points and five rebounds. Evan Gilyard played well for UTEP, recording 25 points.
The high-octane offense of Arizona will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of UTEP. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Wildcats rank 10th in offensive efficiency, while the Miners are 175th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Miners rank 351st in offensive rebounding percentage (19.6 percent), while the Wildcats rank 40th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
UTEP Miners at Arizona Wildcats Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UTEP, ATS Winner – UTEP, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Arizona ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.5) while UTEP ranks 289th (38.5).
- The Wildcats rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0) while the Miners rank 249th (23.8).
- Arizona ranks 252nd in steals per game (5.1) while UTEP ranks 286th (4.0).
- The Wildcats rank 71st in assists per game (15.1) while the Miners rank 288th (10.7).
- Arizona ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.4) while UTEP ranks 184th (2.9).