The North Texas Mean Green (13-8, 7-1 CUSA) and the UTEP Miners (12-8, 3-4 CUSA) square off at The Super Pit. The Mean Green will try to lengthen their seven-game winning streak. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
UTEP Miners vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Mean Green had no trouble getting past the UTSA Roadrunners 98-78, while the Miners defeated the Rice Owls 72-64.
The Miners made 19 of their 25 free throws (76.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.489). The Mean Green, on the other hand, had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.1 (better than their season average of 19.1) and held the Roadrunners to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below their season average of 28.5). North Texas’ Thomas Bell had a good game, recording 11 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Souley Boum fueled UTEP with 27 points and five rebounds.
The Mean Green won the sole game between these two teams last year, 58-51. North Texas out-rebounded UTEP. The Mean Green had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 22) and total rebounds (43 vs. 28). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
North Texas figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Mean Green rank 95th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.468), while UTEP is 222nd in effective field goal percentage (0.490). Also, the Miners, who rank 19th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289), will face off against the Mean Green, who rank 317th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.283).
UTEP at North Texas Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
- North Texas ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (28.2) while UTEP ranks 121st (34.8).
- The Miners average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. The Mean Green rank 161st in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- North Texas allows the 22nd-fewest assists per game (9.9) while UTEP ranks 32nd (10.3).
- The Miners rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Mean Green rank 101st (3.4).
- North Texas ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while UTEP ranks 104th (20.8).
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 59.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Miners’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 3.8 for the season.