The Utah Valley Wolverines (0-2) will travel to Reed Gym to meet the Idaho State Bengals (0-1) in their home opener. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Utah Valley Wolverines at Idaho State Bengals ATS Preview
The last time the Wolverines played, they lost big to the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils, 99-69. Akolda Manyang had a good performance for Utah Valley, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Duke had a much better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 20.4). Utah Valley, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-16; 81.3 percent).
The Bengals are hoping for a better outcome after their 94-74 loss to the Arizona State Sun Devils in their last outing. Jacob McCord was Idaho States leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Arizona States 36.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over Idaho State, who had a rate of 21.6.
The ineffective offense of Idaho State will square off against the top-notch defense of Utah Valley. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bengals rank 297th in offensive efficiency, while the Wolverines are 35th in defensive efficiency. The Wolverines figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
The Wolverines won the only contest against the Bengals last season, 82-73. Utah Valleys free throw rate was their largest advantage over Idaho State. The Wolverines had a rate of 0.274, while the Bengals posted a mark of 0.169.
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. Idaho State Bengals Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Idaho State, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bengals rank 55th in steals per game (7.2) while the Wolverines rank 244th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Utah Valley ranks 113th in blocks per game (3.6) while Idaho State ranks 239th (2.3).
- Utah Valley ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.6) while Idaho State ranks 305th (29.7).
- The Wolverines rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while the Bengals rank 276th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Utah Valley ranks 57th in assists per game (15.4) while Idaho State ranks 299th (10.4).