The Utah Valley Wolverines (6-3) visit Cal State Fullerton to take on the Titans (5-3) in a game that has the potential to be low-scoring. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Utah Valley Wolverines at Cal State Fullerton Titans ATS Preview
The last time the Wolverines played, they dismantled the Weber State Wildcats, 83-56. Akolda Manyang was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 12-for-13 shooting. Utah Valley dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (below their season average of 38.4) and a free throw rate of 0.097 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Weber State recorded marks of 15.4 and 0.049, respectively.
The Titans come in on a high note after beating the Portland Pilots in their last contest, 76-66. With 24 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Khalil Ahmad was the games leading scorer. Cal State Fullerton played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 30.7) and a free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.274). For those same stats, Portland recorded marks of 18.2 and 0.283, respectively.
The inefficient offense of Cal State Fullerton will clash against the top-notch defense of Utah Valley. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Titans rank 278th in offensive efficiency, while the Wolverines are 50th in defensive efficiency. The Wolverines should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Also, the Wolverines rank 273rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.9 percent), while the Titans rank 58th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent).
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans average 37.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 88th in the nation. The Wolverines rank 229th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Utah Valley ranks 99th in blocks per game (3.8) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 134th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Utah Valley ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 241st (19.1).
- The Wolverines rank 56th in assists per game (15.4) while the Titans rank 245th (12.1).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 105th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Utah Valley ranks 247th (7.3).