The Utah Valley Wolverines (9-15, 3-6 WAC) will be at UTRGV Fieldhouse to challenge the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-14, 5-5 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Utah Valley Wolverines at UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Vaqueros beat the Chicago State Cougars, 75-64, while the Wolverines lost a winnable game to the Seattle Redhawks, 87-85.
UT Rio Grande Valley played a flawless contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.558 (above their season average of 0.228) and a turnover percentage of 20.8 (worse than their season average of 15.5). Chicago State was 0.395 and 28.9, respectively, for those same stats. Utah Valley, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.541 (above their season average of 0.485). UT Rio Grande Valley received a boost from Lesley Varner II, who put up 23 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Averette led the way for Utah Valley, finishing with 20 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this season, Jamison Overton led the Wolverines to a 72-70 win. He put up 16 points and eight rebounds. Utah Valley was successful at getting and making free throws. The Wolverines made 25 of their 31 free throws (80.6 percent), while the Vaqueros were 12-17 (70.6 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the Utah Valley offense. Utah Valley ranks 253rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forces the seventh-most turnovers in the country (25.7 percent).
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Over
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 24th in steals per game (8.3) while Utah Valley ranks 167th (5.8).
- The Wolverines rank 139th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Vaqueros rank 253rd (18.2).
- Utah Valley ranks 147th in assists per game (13.1) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- The Vaqueros rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Wolverines rank 139th (3.8).
- Utah Valley ranks 117th in rebounds per game (36.2) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 238th (33.2).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vaqueros have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).