The No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats and Utah Valley Wolverines will go head-to-head at Rupp Arena to get their seasons underway. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Preview
Kentucky reached the Elite Eight last season as a two seed in the tournament, where the North Carolina Tar Heels defeated them. The Wildcats went 29-5 in the regular season. Utah Valley, meanwhile, was unable make the tournament following a 15-16 regular season campaign.
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Kentucky ranked 19th in offensive efficiency and Utah Valley was 23rd in defensive efficiency in the 2016-17 season.
The Wolverines were 15-16 straight up (SU) and 5-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Vegas was exceedingly precise when predicting totals of Utah Valley games last year, with an even split between overs and unders.
On the other side, the Wildcats owned records of 29-5 SU and 17-18-2 ATS last season. Of Kentucky’s 37 games that accepted bets last year, 21 finished under the projected point total.
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. Kentucky Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Wolverines rank 160th (13.4).
- Kentucky ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.3) while Utah Valley ranks 118th (3.6).
- Kentucky averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Wolverines rank seventh in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while the Wildcats rank 211th (19.9).
- Kentucky ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Utah Valley ranks 212th (6.9).