The Denver Pioneers (0-1) open their home schedule at Magness Arena against the Utah Valley Wolverines (1-0). Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Utah Valley Wolverines at Denver Pioneers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Pioneers fell to the Colorado State Rams, 74-63, while the Wolverines beat the Westminster (UT) Griffins, 72-55.
Utah Valley dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.485. Westminster (UT) recorded marks of 9.5 and 0.386, respectively, for those same stats. Denver, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (17.8 vs. 18.6). Ade Murkey led the way for Denver, recording 18 points. Isaiah White, meanwhile played a key role for Utah Valley with 25 points and 13 rebounds.
Second-chance points could be rare for Denver in this showdown. The Pioneers rank 240th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while Utah Valley ranks 52nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent) dating back to the 2018-19 season. Moreover, the Wolverines’ 56th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 110.4) will try to exploit the Pioneers’ 340th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 112.1).
Utah Valley vs. Denver ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Utah Valley ranks 104th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Denver ranks 277th (25.3).
- The Wolverines rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Pioneers rank 61st (32.8).
- Denver allows the 38th-fewest blocks per game (2.6) while Utah Valley ranks 49th (2.7).
- The Wolverines rank 109th in assists per game (14.0) while the Pioneers rank 250th (11.7).
- Denver ranks 99th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while Utah Valley ranks 234th (7.2).