The Utah Valley Wolverines (11-17, 5-8 WAC) will be at the CBU Events Center to challenge the California Baptist Lancers (19-8, 8-4 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. California Baptist Lancers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Lancers dismantled the Chicago State Cougars 95-53, while the Wolverines defeated the Grand Canyon Antelopes 92-80.
Utah Valley played a flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (above their season average of 24.7) and a free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.237). For those same stats, Grand Canyon was 20.7 and 0.370, respectively. California Baptist, meanwhile, played a flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 15.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.759 (above their season average of 0.527). For those same stats, Chicago State had marks of 18.3 and 0.469, respectively. Brandon Boyd led the way for California Baptist, recording 22 points. Meanwhile, Utah Valley received a boost from Brandon Averette, who had 23 points.
In their first matchup this season, Davis led the Lancers to a 65-61 victory. He notched a double-double with 19 points and 17 rebounds. The Lancers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Wolverines. California Baptist had a rate of 9.4, while Utah Valley posted a mark of 14.6.
The Wolverines’ Averette has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 16 points,3.4 assists,1.4 steals per game. Meanwhile, De’jon Davis has averaged 15 points,12.4 rebounds during that same time frame for the Lancers.
The aggressive California Baptist offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Lancers rank 49th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.272, while Utah Valley is among the nation’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 257th-ranked FTA rate of 0.249). Additionally, the Wolverines rank 287th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.8 percent), while the Lancers rank 60th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
Utah Valley vs. California Baptist Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – California Baptist, ATS Winner – California Baptist, O/U – Over
- California Baptist averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Wolverines average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Lancers rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- California Baptist averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 107th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- The Lancers rank 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while the Wolverines rank 158th (21.7).
- Utah Valley ranks 156th in steals per game (5.9) while California Baptist ranks 246th (4.3).
- The Lancers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.6, up from 12.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (9.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (6.5 above their season average).