The Weber State Wildcats and Utah State Aggies will face off at Dee Events Center to begin the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146 points with Weber State opening as a 1-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Utah State Aggies vs. Weber State Wildcats Betting Preview
Weber State was unable reach the tournament following a 19-13 regular season last season. Utah State also failed to reach the tournament after a 14-17 regular season campaign.
Weber State could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Last season, Weber State ranked 50th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Utah State forced the 30th-fewest turnovers (16.1 percent).
Last season, the Aggies had records of 14-17 straight up (SU) and 11-15-1 against the spread (ATS). Of Utah State’s 27 games with betting action last season, 16 finished under the O/U total.
The Wildcats were 19-13 SU last season, but struggled covering the spread (12-18 ATS). Weber State games had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (66.7 percent).
The Wildcats won the lone game against the Aggies last season, 77-71. Weber State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Utah State. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.610 while the Aggies posted a mark of 0.540.
Utah State Aggies at Weber State Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Aggies rank 88th (3.1).
- Weber State ranks 186th in assists per game (13.0) while Utah State ranks 217th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- Weber State ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.4) while Utah State ranks 212th (22.1).
- The Wildcats rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Aggies rank 147th (6.3).
- Utah State ranks 179th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Weber State ranks 285th (32.4).