The Utah State Aggies (5-0) clash against the Arizona State Sun Devils (4-0) in the MGM Resorts Main Event Heavyweight at T-Mobile Arena. The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
Utah State Aggies vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Sun Devils defeated the 15th-ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs 72-67, while the Aggies beat the Saint Mary’s Gaels 80-63.
The Aggies held the Gaels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.339 (below their season average of 0.618) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 vs. 29.5). Arizona State, meanwhile, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.493). Mississippi State recorded marks of 0.130 and 0.420, respectively, for those same stats. Kimani Lawrence fueled Arizona State with 22 points and five rebounds. Utah State, meanwhile, was lifted by Neemias Queta, who contributed 24 points, nine rebounds and five blocks.
Arizona State figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Sun Devils rank 24th in offensive efficiency, while the Aggies rank 180th in defensive efficiency since the 2017-18 season.
Utah State Aggies vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Utah State averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 63rd in the country. Arizona State ranks 270th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- The Sun Devils rank 120th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Aggies rank 247th (2.5).
- Arizona State ranks 121st in steals per game (6.5) while Utah State ranks 231st (5.3).
- The Aggies rank 72nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while the Sun Devils rank 230th (36.3).
- Utah State averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 100th in the country. Arizona State ranks 250th in assists allowed per game (14.6).