The Utah State Aggies (20-7, 9-5 MWC) will be at the Save Mart Center to go head-to-head against the Fresno State Bulldogs (9-16, 5-9 MWC) in a MWC matchup. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Utah State Aggies vs. Fresno State Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bulldogs beat the San Jose State Spartans 84-78, while the Aggies edged the Colorado State Rams 75-72.
The Aggies had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 15.3) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 25.8). The Bulldogs, on the other hand, had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.0 (above their season average of 30.6) and held the Spartans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.400 (below their season average of 0.463). Fresno State was led by Niven Hart, who contributed 30 points and nine rebounds. Sam Merrill, meanwhile led the way for Utah State, putting up 32 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Justin Bean led the Aggies to a 77-70 victory. He notched a double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Utah State made good use of their 34 trips to the charity stripe, making 31 of them (91.2 percent). Fresno State, meanwhile, was 13-15 (86.7 percent).
Fresno State might have difficulty putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the nation’s best defenses. Utah State currently ranks 27th in defensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs rank 150th in offensive efficiency.
Utah State Aggies vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Over
- Fresno State ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Utah State ranks 216th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Aggies rank 107th (3.3).
- The Aggies rank 13th in assists per game (16.5) while the Bulldogs rank 192nd (12.2).
- Utah State ranks 14th in rebounds per game (40.3) while Fresno State ranks 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.4 for the season.