Pac-12 foes will collide when the Washington State Cougars (10-15, 2-11 Pac-12) challenge the Utah Runnin’ Utes (16-9, 8-6 Pac-12) at Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points with Utah set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Utah Runnin’ Utes vs. Washington State Cougars Betting Preview
The last time the Runnin’ Utes played, they defeated the Washington Huskies, 70-58. With 15 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, Utah’s Tyler Rawson had a solid game. Utah played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.258) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 24.6). For those same stats, Washington was 0.176 and 18.8, respectively.
The Cougars hope to keep it rolling after topping the Colorado Buffaloes in their last game, 73-69. Washington State was lifted by Malachi Flynn, who was the game’s leading scorer with 30 points on 11-for-19 shooting. The Cougars had a solid turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 18.0) and held the Buffaloes to an effective field goal percentage of 0.422 (below their season average of 0.511).
Utah should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Runnin’ Utes currently rank 83rd in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while Washington State ranks 285th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.530).
These teams have already met once this season. The Runnin’ Utes won 82-69. The Runnin’ Utes played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.579. The Cougars were 18.1 and 0.517, respectively, for those same stats. Justin Bibbins recorded a double-double with 13 points and 12 assists.
Utah Runnin’ Utes at Washington State Cougars Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
- Utah ranks 48th in three pointers attempted per game (25.2) while Washington State ranks 257th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 41st in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Cougars rank 205th (14.5).
- Utah ranks 188th in rebounds per game (34.4) while Washington State ranks 226th (33.5).
- The Cougars average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.6, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (8.3 below their season average).