The Stanford Cardinal (18-9, 7-7 Pac-12) welcome the Utah Runnin’ Utes (15-12, 6-9 Pac-12) to Maples Pavilion. The Runnin’ Utes can snap an eight-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Utah Runnin’ Utes at Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Cardinal won big over the Washington State Cougars 75-57, while the Runnin’ Utes were victorious over the USC Trojans 79-65.
Utah dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.268 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 14.2 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, USC was 0.100 and 18.3, respectively. The Cardinal, on the other hand, knocked down 16 of their 21 free throws (76.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.686 (above their season average of 0.538). Oscar da Silva was a key piece for Stanford with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Utah rallied around Timmy Allen, who put up 21 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Branden Carlson led the Runnin’ Utes to a 64-56 win. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Utah’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Stanford. The Runnin’ Utes had a rate of 0.281, while the Cardinal posted a mark of 0.062.
Stanford figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Cardinal currently rank 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.542), while Utah ranks 222nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.500).
Utah Runnin’ Utes vs. Stanford Cardinal Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Over
- Stanford ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while Utah ranks 165th (13.1).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 179th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Cardinal rank 229th (19.5).
- Stanford averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. Utah ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 125th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Cardinal rank 228th (33.6).
- Stanford ranks 59th in blocks per game (4.0) while Utah ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (7.4 above their season average).
- The Runnin’ Utes have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.