The Oregon State Beavers (9-4, 1-0 Pac-12) will try to continue a six-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Utah Runnin’ Utes (9-3, 1-0 Pac-12) at Gill Coliseum. Utah is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140 points. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Utah Runnin’ Utes at Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview
In the Runnin’ Utes’ last game, they defeated the Oregon Ducks, 66-56. With 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, Utah’s Tyler Rawson had a good performance. The Runnin’ Utes had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 4.6 (better than their season average of 16.9), while the Ducks had a free throw rate of 0.174 (below their season average of 0.246).
The Beavers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Colorado Buffaloes in their last outing, 76-57. Tres Tinkle played well for Oregon State, recording 23 points and six assists. Oregon State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (below their season average of 0.332) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.530). Colorado was 0.172 and 0.405, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Oregon State offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Beavers rank 10th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.327, while Utah ranks 155th in FTA rate allowed (0.221).
Of Utah’s 10 games with betting action, six have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of Oregon State’s 12 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have excellent straight up (SU) records (9-3 for Utah; 9-4 for Oregon State), but the Runnin’ Utes have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Utah is 6-4 ATS, while the Beavers are 4-9.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Beavers won the most recent matchup 68-67. Oregon State had a better free throw rate (0.182 vs. 0.093). Utah, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 vs. 18.8).
Utah Runnin’ Utes vs. Oregon State Beavers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Utes are 17th in the nation with 10.2 assists allowed per game while the Beavers are 32nd with 11.0 assists allowed per game.
- Oregon State is 2-6 ATS at home, while Utah is 2-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Runnin’ Utes’ 5 road games, while 4 of the Beavers 8 home games have gone over.
- Utah ranks 57th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Oregon State ranks 232nd (18.4).
- The Beavers average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. The Runnin’ Utes rank 103rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Oregon State ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.6) while Utah ranks 76th (3.9).
- Oregon State is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average).