Expect a defensive battle when the Utah Jazz (12-7), 2.5-point underdogs, take on the Toronto Raptors (14-4) at Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 210 points and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
Utah Jazz at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Raptors (3-point favorites) defeated the Orlando Magic 90-83, while the Jazz (7-point favorites) beat the Memphis Grizzlies 103-94. The Toronto game finished 36 points under the projected point total of 209, while the Utah game went 26.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 4.6 (better than their season average of 14.3) and a free throw rate of 0.158 (matching their season average). Memphis was 9.8 and 0.106, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Toronto’s 11.9 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Orlando, who had a mark of 19.7. The Raptors’ mark was better than their season average of 13.0, while the Magic’s was above their season average of 11.2. Fred VanVleet played a key role for Toronto with 22 points, seven steals and five rebounds. Utah was lifted by Bojan Bogdanovic, who finished with 33 points and eight rebounds.
The Raptors dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Toronto won 122-116. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Toronto’s largest advantages. They had 35 free throw attempts, while Utah had 29. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Games including the Jazz have a tendency to go under the total (63.2 percent). Utah is 12-7 straight up (SU), but they struggle covering the spread (8-11 against the spread (ATS)).
Unlike Utah, games featuring the Raptors have typically finished over the projected point total (55.6 percent). Additionally, Toronto owns records of 14-4 SU and 12-6 ATS.
Toronto should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Raptors currently rank first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while Utah is 15th in effective field goal percentage (0.522).
Jazz at Raptors Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank 14th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Jazz rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Toronto ranks first in fast break points per game (19.5) while Utah ranks 26th (10.7).
- The Jazz rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (44.3) while the Raptors rank 28th (48.4).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.6) while Toronto ranks 20th (24.7).
- Toronto ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4) while Utah ranks 25th (14.1).
- The Raptors rank second in points off turnovers per game (20.0) while the Jazz rank 23rd (15.2).
- The Raptors rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while the Jazz rank 10th (46.2).
- Utah ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Toronto ranks sixth (6.9).
- Utah ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (32.1) while Toronto ranks 28th (38.0).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Utah is 6-1 and Toronto is 7-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Raptors are 13-3 and the Jazz are 11-5.
- Utah is 4-6 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 7-1 ATS at home.
- Of the Jazz’s 10 road games, they have 7 unders and 3 overs.
- The Raptors have 6 overs and 2 unders in 8 home games.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Utah has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (6.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.2 points per game (9.3 above their season average).