The New York Knicks (7-6) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they challenge the Utah Jazz (6-8). New York opened as a 4-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 205.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Utah Jazz vs. New York Knicks Betting Preview
The Jazz were beaten by the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last contest, 109-98. With 24 points on 10-for-19 shooting, Donovan Mitchell was the game’s high scorer. Minnesota did an excellent job of making free throws (25-29; 86.2 percent). Utah, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 15.2).
In the Knicks’ last matchup, they were defeated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 104-101. Tim Hardaway Jr. was the game’s high scorer with 28 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Cleveland did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (18-22; 81.8 percent). New York, meanwhile, forced the Cavaliers into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 14.3).
It could be an error-filled game for the New York offense. New York ranks 26th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the disruptive defense of Utah forces the second-most turnovers in the league (18.1 percent). ,
Of Utah’s 14 games, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of New York’s 13 games have finished under the O/U total. The Knicks hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-6 SU and 8-5 ATS, while the Jazz are 6-8 SU and 7-7 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jazz won both contests last season. In the last contest, Utah won 108-101. The Jazz played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 42.6 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.2. The Knicks put up marks of 24.3 and 11.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Utah Jazz vs. New York Knicks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while the Jazz rank 27th (38.6).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.9) while New York ranks 14th (4.7).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (10.0) while New York ranks 21st (7.5).
- Utah ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (7.1) while New York ranks 11th (10.1).
- Utah is 1-3 ATS on the road, while New York is 7-2 ATS at home.
- In 4 road games, the Jazz have 2 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Knicks have 6 overs and 3 unders in 9 home games.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Utah is 4-2 and New York is 3-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Knicks are 7-2 and the Jazz are 4-2.
- The Knicks rank second in rebounds allowed per game (40.2) while the Jazz rank 18th (44.2).
- Utah ranks second in points off turnovers per game (20.9) while New York ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.2).
- The Jazz rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (26.7) while the Knicks rank last (34.0).
- The Jazz rank third in assists allowed per game (18.4) while the Knicks rank 14th (22.2).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (16.8) while Utah ranks 24th (9.4).
- New York is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average).