The Utah Jazz (49-30) travel to Staples Center to challenge the Los Angeles Lakers (36-44). The Jazz will try to prolong their seven-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Lakers (11.5-point underdogs) defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 122-117, while the Jazz (10-point favorite) beat the Sacramento Kings 119-98. The Los Angeles game finished 11 points over the projected point total of 228, while the Utah game went 5 points under the projected point total of 222.
Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.537) and a turnover percentage of 14.3 (worse than their season average of 13.2). For those same stats, Sacramento had marks of 0.440 and 14.9, respectively. The Lakers, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9 (above their season average of 21.8). Alex Caruso put together a solid outing for Los Angeles with 32 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Rudy Gobert led the way for Utah, recording 17 points and 11 rebounds.
In the season series between these two teams, the Jazz lead two games to one. The two teams combined to score 215 points in their most recent game, which was just under the projected point total of 219.5. Utah won 115-100 but was unable to cover as a 16-point favorite. Getting to the free throw line was one of Utah’s largest strengths. They made 36 trips to the line, while Los Angeles went 24 times. Gobert put up a double-double in the victory with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Games involving the Jazz have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (53.2 percent). Utah heads into the contest with records of 49-30 straight up (SU) and 42-35-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Lakers are involved, as 60.0 percent of their games have finished under the total. Additionally, Los Angeles is 36-44 SU and 32-46-2 ATS.
The Jazz’s Joe Ingles has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 17 points,8.6 assists per game. Meanwhile, JaVale McGee has averaged 13 points,11.8 rebounds,1.6 blocks during that same time frame for the Lakers.
Los Angeles might have trouble putting up points as they clash against one of the league’s best defenses. Utah currently ranks second in defensive efficiency while the Lakers rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
Jazz vs. Lakers ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Jazz average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Lakers rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Utah ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (27.8) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (33.8).
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while the Lakers rank 23rd (14.0).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.3) while Los Angeles ranks 20th (25.1).
- Utah averages 16.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).
- The Lakers rank second in fast break points per game (19.2) while the Jazz rank 27th (10.4).
- The Jazz rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Lakers rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Los Angeles ranks second in points in the paint per game (55.6) while Utah ranks 13th (49.6).
- Utah ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (47.0).
- Utah is 22-4 when they allow below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 7-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Jazz are 47-18 and the Lakers are 35-34.
- Los Angeles is 14-23-2 ATS at home, while Utah is 22-16-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Jazz’s 39 road games, while 27 of the Lakers’ 39 home games have gone under.
- The Lakers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Utah has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 114.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (1.5 below their season average).
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 5.5 for the season.