The Utah Jazz (34-30) will try to lengthen an eight-game road winning streak when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (37-27) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 200 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Indiana Pacers Free Preview
The Jazz were victorious over the Orlando Magic in their last contest, 94-80. Rudy Gobert was the game’s high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.562 (above their season average of 0.522) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 20.7). For those same stats, Orlando put up marks of 0.406 and 12.5, respectively.
In the Pacers’ last matchup, they beat the Milwaukee Bucks, 92-89. With 29 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Bojan Bogdanovic was the game’s leading scorer. Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (worse than their season average of 12.1) and a free throw rate of 0.208 (above their season average of 0.180). For those same stats, Milwaukee was 16.2 and 0.184, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Indiana ranks 21st in possessions per game (98.2) and Utah is 28th (97.0).
Of Utah’s 64 games, 34 have finished under the projected point total, while 36 of Indiana’s 64 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (34-30 for Utah; 37-27 for Indiana), but the Pacers hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 36-28 ATS, while the Jazz are 33-31.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Jazz, it’s been Gobert, who has averaged 17.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 1.4 steals, while the Pacers have received solid contributions from Bogdanovic (18.2 points).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 203 points, just under the projected point total of 207.5. The Pacers won 109-94, covering as 5-point underdogs. The Pacers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.623 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6. The Jazz were 0.500 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. Victor Oladipo was the game’s top overall scorer with 28 points.
Utah Jazz at Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank third in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while the Pacers rank 20th (13.0).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (20.1) while Indiana ranks 11th (22.7).
- Utah ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while Indiana ranks 18th (45.3).
- Indiana is 19-14 ATS at home, while Utah is 15-17 ATS on the road.
- In 32 road games, the Jazz have 17 overs, 14 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Pacers’ 33 home games, they have 18 unders, 14 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Utah is 22-5 and Indiana is 22-2.
- The Pacers are 30-14 when they score over 100 points, while the Jazz are 26-11.
- The Pacers average 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Jazz rank 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.3).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Utah ranks 25th (9.4).
- The Pacers average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Jazz rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Jazz rank 13th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Pacers rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Utah ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (27.0) while Indiana ranks 26th (30.6).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 93.0 points per game (8.0 below their season average).