The Houston Rockets will be 6-point favorites at home to open the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they meet the Utah Jazz. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds
The Rockets had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 125-98 blowout win, to even the season series at two. Harden put up a double-double in the victory with 43 points and 12 rebounds. The Rockets’ 11.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Jazz, who had a mark of 16.4. The two teams combined for 223 points, which was just over the projected point total of 221.5, and Houston covered as a 7-point underdog.
A little over half of the Jazz’s games have finished under the projected point total. Utah holds records of 50-32 straight up (SU) and 44-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is extremely precise when predicting totals of Rockets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Additionally, Houston owns records of 53-29 SU and 40-39-3 ATS.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Houston takes on the stingy defense of Utah. The Rockets rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are second in defensive efficiency. Also, the Jazz are among the league’s best at getting to the line, ranking fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.217). The Rockets, meanhwile, rank 25th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.210).
Jazz at Rockets Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.4) while the Rockets rank 15th (13.8).
- Houston averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Utah ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Jazz rank ninth in rebounds per game (46.4) while the Rockets rank 27th (42.1).
- Utah ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while Houston ranks 17th (13.7).
- Houston averages 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Utah ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- The Jazz rank eighth in assists per game (26.0) while the Rockets rank 28th (21.2).
- The Jazz rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Rockets rank 17th (4.9).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (45.4) while Utah ranks ninth (34.0).
- Utah ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (49.8) while Houston ranks 29th (42.1).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Utah is 22-4 and Houston is 15-2.
- The Jazz are 48-20 when they score over 100 points, while the Rockets are 50-20.
- Utah is 23-17-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 23-16-2 ATS at home.
- The Jazz have 21 overs and 20 unders in 41 road games.
- The Rockets have 22 overs, 18 unders and 1 push in 41 home games.
- In their last five games, Utah and Houston are both 4-1 ATS.
- The Jazz have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Rockets have 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 120.2 points per game (8.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (5.3 above their season average).
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 23.2, up from 4.8 for the season.