The Utah Jazz (27-12) head to Barclays Center to square off with the Brooklyn Nets (18-20). The Jazz will try to prolong their nine-game winning streak. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Utah Jazz at Brooklyn Nets ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last matchup. The Nets (9-point favorites) defeated the Atlanta Hawks 108-86, while the Jazz (6.5-point favorites) beat the Washington Wizards 127-116. The Brooklyn game finished 31.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5, while the Utah game finished 17.5 points over the projected point total of 225.5.
Utah dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.210) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 20.2). For those same stats, Washington had marks of 0.161 and 22.0, respectively. The Nets, on the other hand, held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.8 (below their season average of 20.9). The Hawks had a free throw rate of 0.103 (below their season average of 0.191). Brooklyn was led by Jarrett Allen, who finished with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Rudy Gobert was a key piece for Utah with 21 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Gobert led the Jazz to a 119-114 victory. He registered a double-double with 18 points and 15 rebounds. Utah was unable to cover as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 233 points, which was over the projected point total of 219. The Jazz’s 9.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Nets, who had a mark of 13.7.
Jazz games have a slight tendency to go under the O/U total (51.3 percent). Utah heads into the contest with records of 27-12 straight up (SU) and 19-18-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Nets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Moreover, Brooklyn owns records of 18-20 SU and 18-19-1 ATS.
Brooklyn might have trouble finding the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the league’s best defenses. Utah ranks seventh in defensive efficiency, while the Nets rank 24th in offensive efficiency.
Utah Jazz vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- Neither of these teams are great at stealing the ball. The Nets are 25th in the league with 6.6 steals per game while the Jazz are 29th with 5.9 steals per game.
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in second chance points per game (13.9) while Utah ranks last (11.0).
- The Nets rank 15th in fast break points per game (12.8) while the Jazz rank 28th (10.4).
- Brooklyn ranks second in rebounds per game (48.9) while Utah ranks 15th (45.5).
- Brooklyn ranks 17th in assists per game (23.8) while Utah ranks 25th (22.0).
- The Jazz rank third in three pointers allowed per game (31.2) while the Nets rank 21st (34.7).
- The Nets rank 18th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Jazz rank 27th (4.1).
- Brooklyn ranks 24th in points off turnovers per game (16.0) while Utah ranks 28th (14.7).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (50.9) while Utah ranks 19th (47.0).
- Brooklyn is 4-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Utah is 10-1.
- The Jazz are 26-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Nets are 18-15.
- Utah is 10-10-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 11-8 ATS at home.
- In 21 road games, the Jazz have 12 unders and 9 overs.
- The Nets have 10 unders, 8 overs and 1 push in 19 home games.
- The Jazz are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Nets are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Utah has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Brooklyn has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average).