The Utah Jazz (6-9) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Brooklyn Nets (5-9) at Barclays Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210 points with Utah opening as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Utah Jazz vs. Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
The Jazz were beaten by the New York Knicks in their last game, 106-101. Rodney Hood put together a good game for Utah, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 10-for-20 shooting. New York had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 21.4). Utah, meanwhile, made 17 of their 35 three pointers (48.6 percent).
In the Nets last matchup, they were topped by the Boston Celtics, 109-102. With 12 points and 11 assists, Brooklyns Spencer Dinwiddie had a solid outing. Boston did a fantastic job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Brooklyn, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (14-35; 40.0 percent).
This contest should be a battle of contrasting paces. Brooklyn has preferred to play fast (first in possessions per game), while Utah has been more methodical (22nd in possessions per game).
Of Utahs 15 games, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Brooklyns 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Jazz have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (6-9 vs. 5-9), but the Nets have the better against the spread (ATS) record (7-7 vs. 7-8).
Hood has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 17.0 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 220 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 208.5. The Jazz won 114-106, covering as 7-point underdogs. The Jazz played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 and a turnover percentage of 14.3. For those same stats, the Nets had marks of 23.8 and 15.4, respectively. Derrick Favors recorded a double-double with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
Utah Jazz at Brooklyn Nets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank eighth in rebounds per game (45.4) while the Jazz rank 26th (40.1).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.4) while Utah ranks 25th (9.0).
- Utah averages 9.7 steals per game, which ranks second in the league. Brooklyn ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Brooklyn ranks 17th in assists per game (21.4) while Utah ranks 25th (19.5).
- Brooklyn is 3-3 ATS at home, while Utah is 1-4 ATS on the road.
- The Jazz have 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in 5 road games.
- The Nets have 4 overs and 2 unders in 6 home games.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Utah is 4-2 and Brooklyn is 2-0.
- The Nets are 4-8 when they reach the century mark, while the Jazz are 4-3.
- The Jazz average 20.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Nets rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).
- Utah ranks second in blocks per game (6.2) while Brooklyn ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (6.9) while the Nets rank 23rd (11.8).
- The Nets rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.7) while the Jazz rank 11th (29.6).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (38.4) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd (47.7).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 96.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average).