The Utah Jazz (2-1), 5-point favorites, will travel to Talking Stick Resort Arena to meet the Phoenix Suns (2-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Arizona at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Suns (10-point underdogs) defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 130-122, while the Jazz (9-point favorite) beat the Sacramento Kings 113-81. The Phoenix game went 27 points over the projected point total of 225, while the Utah game finished 28 points under the projected point total of 222.
Utah’s 0.679 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Sacramento, who had a mark of 0.414. The Suns, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.599 vs. 0.523) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.5 vs. 20.0). Devin Booker had a good performance for Phoenix with 30 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Bojan Bogdanovic, meanwhile played well for Utah, finishing with 26 points.
The Jazz dominated this series last year, taking all four games. In the most recent contest, Utah won 118-97. Utah’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Phoenix. The Jazz had a rate of 0.182, while the Suns posted a mark of 0.088.
The Jazz have had records of 52-33 straight up (SU) and 49-47 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Utah games since last season with 50 unders compared to 44 overs.
The Suns, meanwhile, have records of 21-64 SU and 40-43-2 ATS since last season. Games including Phoenix have had a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total over that same stretch (50.6 percent).
The ineffective offense of Phoenix will clash against the top-notch defense of Utah. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Suns rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are second in defensive efficiency. The Jazz should have the advantage on that end of the court. Ball security could be troublesome for the Jazz. They rank 28th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the Suns have forced the third-most turnovers in the league (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.7 percent).
Jazz vs. Suns Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Jazz average 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks third in the league. The Suns rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Utah ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while Phoenix ranks last (15.4).
- The Jazz rank first in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while the Suns rank 25th (15.7).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.2) while Phoenix ranks 25th (25.7).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Utah ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- The Suns average 9.0 steals per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Jazz rank 27th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Jazz rank eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9) while the Suns rank last (52.6).
- Utah ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (28.5) while Phoenix ranks third (29.9).
- Utah ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while Phoenix ranks 26th (47.1).
- Utah is 25-5 when they allow under 100 points, while Phoenix is 6-1.
- The Jazz are 51-21 when they score more than 100 points, while the Suns are 20-42.