The Philadelphia 76ers (8-7) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they clash against the Utah Jazz (7-10). Philadelphia opened as a 7-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Utah Jazz vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
The Jazz won big over the Orlando Magic in their last contest, 125-85. With 25 points and 11 rebounds, Derrick Favors had a good performance for Utah. Utah dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 15.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 20.1). For those same stats, Orlando recorded marks of 14.9 and 21.6, respectively.
In the 76ers last game, they were blown out by the Golden State Warriors, 124-116. Ben Simmons led Philadelphia in scoring with 23 points on 11-for-15 shooting. Golden State did a great job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 15.4).
This game should be a battle of opposite paces. Philadelphia has preferred an up-and-down style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Utah has been more half-court-oriented (23rd in possessions per game).
Of Utahs 17 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 10 of Philadelphias 15 games have finished over the O/U total. The 76ers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-7 SU and 11-4 ATS, while the Jazz are 7-10 SU and 8-9 ATS.
The Jazzs Donovan Mitchell (19.2 points, 3.8 assists and 1.6 steals) and Rodney Hood (20.2 points) have been playing well over their last five games. Meanwhile, the 76ers have received great contributions from Joel Embiid (26.0 points, 12.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.8 blocks) and Robert Covington (18.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 201 points, just under the projected point total of 203.5. The 76ers won 104-97, covering as 7-point favorites. Philadelphia made 12 of its 27 three pointers (44.4 percent). Utah, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 18.9). Dario Saric put up a double-double in the victory with 25 points and 10 rebounds.
Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (26.5) while the Jazz rank 21st (20.3).
- Utah averages 9.5 steals per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Philadelphia ranks ninth in points in the paint per game (46.1) while Utah ranks 27th (38.6).
- Utah ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (7.5) while Philadelphia ranks 12th (10.6).
- Utah is 2-5 ATS on the road with 4 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS at home with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Utah is 5-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Philadelphia is 2-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Jazz are 5-4 and the 76ers are 7-5.
- The Jazz rank 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the 76ers rank 28th (14.4).
- Philadelphia ranks second in rebounds per game (47.5) while Utah ranks 27th (40.9).
- The Jazz average 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The 76ers rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (6.2).
- The Jazz rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (27.1) while the 76ers rank 25th (31.8).
- Utah ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (16.1).
- Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The 76ers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 109.0 points per game (8.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.8 points per game (4.0 above their season average).