The Utah Jazz (4-2) will travel to the Staples Center to challenge the Los Angeles Clippers (4-2). The Jazz opened as 4.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211 points and it gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
The Clippers were victorious over the San Antonio Spurs in their last game, 103-97, covering as 5-point favorites. The Jazz, on the other hand, were beat by the Sacramento Kings, 102-101, and were not able to cover as 4-point underdogs. The Los Angeles game went 29 points under the projected point total of 229, while the Utah game went 10.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5.
The Clippers had a solid turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 15.1) and held the Spurs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.8 (below their season average of 26.2). Utah, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-27; 74.1 percent). Kawhi Leonard had a solid performance for Los Angeles with 38 points and 12 rebounds. Rudy Gobert had a good game for Utah, contributing 15 points and 16 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mike Conley led the Jazz to a 110-96 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 29 points. Utah covered as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 206 points, which was under the projected point total of 217. The Jazz’s 13.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Clippers, who had a rate of 17.9.
Games involving the Jazz have a tendency to go under the total (100.0 percent). Utah is 4-2 straight up (SU), but they are just 2-4 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Clippers also tend to go under the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Los Angeles is 4-2 SU and 3-3 ATS.
Second-chance points might be rare for Los Angeles in this meeting. Dating back to last season, the Clippers rank 20th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while Utah ranks second in defensive rebounding percentage (80.5 percent). Furthermore, the Jazz, who rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.218), could get to the line a ton against the Clippers, who rank 27th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.225).
Jazz at Clippers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while the Clippers rank 14th (13.4).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.7) while Los Angeles ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- The Jazz rank first in rebounds allowed per game (42.5) while the Clippers rank 17th (45.5).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.2) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (24.5).
- Utah averages 16.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- The Jazz rank first in fast break points allowed per game (11.2) while the Clippers rank 24th (15.0).
- The Jazz average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Clippers rank 24th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Utah ranks 14th in points in the paint per game (49.3) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.3).
- Utah ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (33.7) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (26.4).
- When allowing under 100 points, Utah is 27-5 and Los Angeles is 9-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Clippers are 54-30 and the Jazz are 52-22.