The NBA’s top scoring defense will be a 10-point favorite on the road at Chase Center, when the Utah Jazz (6-3) square off with the Golden State Warriors (2-8). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Jazz (2-point underdogs) covered in a 103-100 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. The Warriors fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 114-108, but did cover as 12.5-point underdogs. The Utah game went 14.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5, while the Golden State game went 6 points over the projected point total of 216.
The Jazz held the Bucks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.411 (below their season average of 0.562) and had a free throw rate of 0.238 (above their season average of 0.226). Golden State, meanwhile, forced Oklahoma City into a turnover percentage of 17.2 (above their season average of 13.4). D’Angelo Russell had a good game for Golden State with 30 points and seven assists. Utah, meanwhile, was lifted by Bojan Bogdanovic, who recorded 33 points and five rebounds.
The Warriors edged out the Jazz in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three contests. In the most recent contest, Golden State won 115-108. The Warriors’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Jazz. Golden State had a rate of 5.8, while Utah posted a mark of 14.3.
Of the Jazz’s nine games, eight have finished under the O/U total. Utah is 6-3 straight up (SU), but they are just 3-6 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Utah, games featuring the Warriors have a tendency to finish over the projected point total (70.0 percent). Additionally, Golden State is 2-8 SU and 4-6 ATS.
The aggressive Golden State offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. Since last season, the Warriors rank second in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.197, while Utah ranks 21st in FTA rate allowed (0.194). Also, the defense of the Jazz should have an edge in terms of effective field goal percentage. They rank first in the league with an opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.504, while the offense of the Warriors ranks 25th in effective field goal percentage (0.555).
Jazz at Warriors ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Utah ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (46.8) while Golden State ranks 26th (46.6).
- The Jazz rank 12th in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while the Warriors rank 29th (14.1).
- Utah ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (11.2) while Golden State ranks 16th (14.8).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (21.0) while the Warriors rank 23rd (24.1).
- The Jazz rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.7) while the Warriors rank 17th (43.9).
- Utah ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (28.6) while Golden State ranks 24th (34.3).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Utah is 27-5 and Golden State is 13-1.
- The Jazz are 54-22 when they reach the century mark, while the Warriors are 73-30.