The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (1-1) will travel to the American Bank Center to take on the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (2-0). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Islanders won big over the Our Lady of the Lake Saints, 113-83, while the Vaqueros lost to the Oklahoma Sooners, 91-76.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 53.8 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. Our Lady of the Lake recorded marks of 11.1 and 19.7, respectively, for those same stats. UT Rio Grande Valley, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.4 vs. 17.3). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was lifted by Emmanuel Toney, who finished with 16 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Terry Winn III was a key piece for UT Rio Grande Valley with 13 points, six rebounds and five assists.
The Vaqueros dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last matchup, UT Rio Grande Valley won 82-78. The Vaqueros’ 13.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Islanders, who had a mark of 18.6.
It might be a mistake-prone game for the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi offense. Since the 2017-18 season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 346th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of UT Rio Grande Valley has forced the 59th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent). Also, the Vaqueros rank 19th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.296), while the Islanders rank 334th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.299).
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – UT Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- UT Rio Grande Valley averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 257th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Vaqueros rank 233rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while the Islanders rank 320th (15.6).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi averages 3.0 blocks per game, which is ranked 173rd in the NCAA. UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 180th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Islanders rank 92nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.4) while the Vaqueros rank 320th (40.8).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 68th in assists per game (15.1) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 282nd (11.4).