The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (4-6) will travel to Baxter Arena to meet the Omaha Mavericks (5-7). Action starts at 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 15, 2019.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Omaha Mavericks ATS Odds
Both teams were blown out in their last contest. The Mavericks fell to the 15th-ranked Arizona Wildcats, 99-49, while the Vaqueros were defeated by the Creighton Bluejays, 89-58.
UT Rio Grande Valley held Creighton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 25.3) while Omaha did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (10-13; 76.9 percent). Matt Pile played a pivotal role for Omaha with 10 points and 12 rebounds. UT Rio Grande Valley, meanwhile, rallied around Javon Levi, who had 10 points.
Omaha might have trouble finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. UT Rio Grande Valley currently ranks 62nd in defensive efficiency while the Mavericks rank 251st in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Vaqueros rank 265th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.196), while the Mavericks rank 40th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.166).
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Omaha Mavericks Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Omaha ranks 229th (25.1).
- The Vaqueros rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (1.5) while the Mavericks rank 144th (3.8).
- Omaha ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.5) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- The Vaqueros rank 16th in steals per game (9.2) while the Mavericks rank 189th (5.2).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 75th in assists per game (14.4) while Omaha ranks 228th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Vaqueros’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (5.3 above their season average).