The South Dakota State Jackrabbits welcome the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros to Frost Arena to kick off their seasons. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Betting Odds
Last season, South Dakota State failed to make the tournament following a 22-6 regular season. UT Rio Grande Valley also was unable reach the tournament following an 18-15 regular season.
Ball security could play a significant role in this meeting. Last season, South Dakota State committed the 38th-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while the gambling defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forced the second-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.9 percent). Furthermore, the Vaqueros were among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking seventh in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.300). The Jackrabbits, however, ranked sixth at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.165.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while South Dakota State ranks 319th (30.1).
- The Jackrabbits rank 61st in assists per game (14.8) while the Vaqueros rank 198th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 175th in blocks per game (2.8) while South Dakota State ranks 239th (2.0).
- The Jackrabbits average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 43rd in the country. The Vaqueros rank 294th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks third in steals per game (9.3) while South Dakota State ranks 157th (6.1).