The Seattle Redhawks (9-9, 2-1 WAC) welcome the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (6-10, 2-1 WAC) to Redhawk Center. The Vaqueros will attempt to end an eight-game road losing streak. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Seattle Redhawks ATS Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Redhawks defeated the Utah Valley Wolverines 83-50, while the Vaqueros beat the Chicago State Cougars 87-63.
The Vaqueros forced 23 turnovers and held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 25.2). Meanwhile, Seattle played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.538 (above their season average of 0.446) and a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 13.7). For those same stats, Utah Valley recorded marks of 0.279 and 22.2, respectively. Seattle rallied around Riley Grigsby, who had 17 points and eight rebounds. Lesley Varner II, meanwhile had a good game for UT Rio Grande Valley, recording 21 points and eight rebounds.
The Vaqueros dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, UT Rio Grande Valley won 59-44. The Vaqueros’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Redhawks. UT Rio Grande Valley had a rate of 13.4, while Seattle posted a mark of 34.8. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play an integral role in this meeting. Seattle commits the 13th-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the pesky defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forces the 11th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 26.2 percent).
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Seattle Redhawks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Seattle, O/U – Over
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 19th in steals per game (9.3) while Seattle ranks 157th (6.1).
- The Vaqueros allow the 14th-fewest blocks per game (2.3) while the Redhawks rank 60th (2.9).
- UT Rio Grande Valley averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. Seattle ranks 81st in assists allowed per game (11.7).
- The Vaqueros rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (16.6) while the Redhawks rank 149th (22.2).
- Seattle ranks 104th in rebounds per game (37.2) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 181st in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average).
- The Vaqueros have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, UT Rio Grande Valley has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.