The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (12-16, 7-7 WAC) will be at Grand Canyon University Arena to go head-to-head against the Grand Canyon Antelopes (12-16, 7-7 WAC) in a WAC matchup. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Antelopes were beaten by the New Mexico State Aggies, 67-53, while the Vaqueros were blown out by the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 79-59.
UT Rio Grande Valley held Bakersfield to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 36.7) while Grand Canyon had a better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.141). Grand Canyon was led by Alessandro Lever, who contributed 17 points. Lesley Varner II had a good outing for UT Rio Grande Valley, putting up 18 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Lever led the Antelopes to an 87-79 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 20 points. Grand Canyon’s 0.340 free throw rate was their largest strength over UT Rio Grande Valley, who had a mark of 0.238.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play an integral role in this battle. Grand Canyon commits the 51st-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while the gambling defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forces the ninth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.9 percent).
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Grand Canyon ranks 238th (23.9).
- The Vaqueros rank 77th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Antelopes rank 225th (1.3).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 220th in rebounds per game (33.6) while Grand Canyon ranks 257th (32.6).
- The Vaqueros rank 37th in assists per game (14.9) while the Antelopes rank 235th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 27th in steals per game (8.2) while Grand Canyon ranks 221st (5.0).
- The Antelopes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vaqueros have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (5.2 above their season average).