The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (3-2) will travel to McCamish Pavilion to go head-to-head with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-1). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, and can be seen on ACC Network.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Yellow Jackets had no trouble getting past the East Carolina Pirates, 79-54, while the Vaqueros were beaten by the East Carolina Pirates, 69-64.
Georgia Tech dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.340 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.575. For those same stats, East Carolina recorded marks of 0.169 and 0.373, respectively. UT Rio Grande Valley, on the other hand, forced East Carolina into a turnover percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 20.4). Georgia Tech was lifted by Curtis Haywood II, who finished with 18 points. Terry Winn III, meanwhile had a good game for UT Rio Grande Valley, finishing with 16 points.
The Yellow Jackets won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 78-68. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Georgia Tech’s largest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while UT Rio Grande Valley had 20.
Georgia Tech figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the Yellow Jackets rank 74th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.485), while UT Rio Grande Valley is 343rd in effective field goal percentage (0.451). Opposite tempos will be on display in this contest. The fast-breaking Vaqueros rank 10th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Yellow Jackets rank 316th.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Georgia Tech ranks 12th in blocks per game (5.3) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 214th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Vaqueros rank 91st in assists per game (14.8) while the Yellow Jackets rank 210th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 241st in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while Georgia Tech ranks 321st (15.9).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while the Vaqueros rank 319th (40.9).
- UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 22nd in steals per game (7.8) while Georgia Tech ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (6.5).