The UT Martin Skyhawks (8-17, 4-10 OVC) will be at Hooper Eblen Arena to clash against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (7-20, 4-10 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
UT Martin Skyhawks vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Golden Eagles were beaten by the Tennessee State Tigers, 70-55, while the Skyhawks won a close one over the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 80-79.
The Skyhawks were 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.623 (above their season average of 0.516). Tennessee Tech, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.3 (above their season average of 28.7). Tennessee Tech was led by Jr. Clay, who put up 16 points and nine rebounds. Quintin Dove was a key piece for UT Martin with 32 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Parker Stewart led the Skyhawks to a 74-62 victory. He produced 16 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. UT Martin did an excellent job of making free throws (10-12; 83.3 percent). Tennessee Tech, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 19.7).
Tennessee Tech may have difficulty getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Golden Eagles rank 352nd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.142, while UT Martin ranks 50th in FTA rate allowed (0.184). Furthermore, the Skyhawks’ 46th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 109.4) will try to take advantage of the Golden Eagles’ 302nd-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 105.3).
UT Martin Skyhawks vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
- Tennessee Tech ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while UT Martin ranks 268th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Golden Eagles average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the country. The Skyhawks rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 117th in assists per game (13.4) while the Skyhawks rank 279th in assists allowed per game (18.1).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 169th in rebounds per game (35.0) while UT Martin ranks 242nd (33.0).
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (7.6 below their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 8.3 for the season.