It will be a showdown between two sensational offenses when the Fresno State Bulldogs (8-2) meet the UT Martin Skyhawks (5-4) at Save Mart Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
UT Martin Skyhawks at Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams blew out their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 91-63, while the Skyhawks beat the Cumberland University Phoenix 91-58.
UT Martin dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 and a turnover percentage of 16.2. For those same stats, Cumberland University had marks of 0.379 and 24.8, respectively. Fresno State, on the other hand, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.344 and a turnover percentage of 9.9. Alaska-Anchorage was 0.169 and 19.3, respectively, for those same stats. Braxton Huggins had a solid performance for Fresno State, contributing 23 points. Meanwhile, UT Martin was led by Derek Hawthorne, Jr., who put up 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Deshon Taylor and Huggins have been playing well over the last five games for Fresno State. Taylor has averaged 0 points, while Huggins has put up 0 points a game during that span.
The productive offense of Fresno State will square off against the mid-tier defense of UT Martin. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Bulldogs rank 62nd in offensive efficiency, while the Skyhawks are 293rd in defensive efficiency. The Bulldogs figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
UT Martin vs. Fresno State Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Fresno State, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Fresno State ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while UT Martin ranks 181st (16.5).
- The Skyhawks average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 72nd in steals allowed per game (5.2).
- UT Martin ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Fresno State ranks 96th (3.1).
- The Bulldogs average 34.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 93rd in the country. The Skyhawks rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Fresno State ranks 75th in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while UT Martin ranks 145th in three pointers allowed per game (26.9).