The UT Martin Skyhawks (7-16, 3-9 OVC) will be at the Show Me Center to clash with the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (5-20, 1-11 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action begins at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
UT Martin Skyhawks at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Redhawks lost a tough one against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 62-60, while the Skyhawks were beaten by the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 75-61.
UT Martin did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (8-10; 80.0 percent) while Southeast Missouri State forced Tennessee Tech into a turnover percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 19.8). Nygal Russell fueled Southeast Missouri State with 21 points. Meanwhile, UT Martin received a boost from Derek Hawthorne, Jr., who finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last contest, the Skyhawks won 81-72. UT Martin had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.735 vs. 0.500). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (18.2 vs. 26.1). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The prolific offense of UT Martin will face off against the porous defense of Southeast Missouri State. The Skyhawks rank 49th in offensive efficiency, while the Redhawks are 331st in defensive efficiency. The Skyhawks should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
UT Martin Skyhawks at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Southeast Missouri State, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Over
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 116th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0) while UT Martin ranks 272nd (25.2).
- The Skyhawks rank 234th in rebounds per game (33.3) while the Redhawks rank 250th (32.8).
- The Redhawks rank 45th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Skyhawks rank 138th (6.7).
- UT Martin ranks 207th in assists per game (11.8) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 244th (10.7).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average).