The UT Martin Skyhawks (8-18, 4-11 OVC) will be at Pete Mathews Coliseum to go head-to-head against the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (11-17, 6-9 OVC) in an OVC matchup. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
UT Martin Skyhawks at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Gamecocks beat the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 65-58, while the Skyhawks fell to the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 78-65.
Jacksonville State played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 30.9) and a free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.185). For those same stats, Southeast Missouri State recorded marks of 17.2 and 0.184, respectively. UT Martin, meanwhile, held Tennessee Tech to an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below the 0.579 mark opponents have averaged against UT Martin this season). De’Torrion Ware fueled Jacksonville State with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Quintin Dove led the way for UT Martin, recording 17 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kayne Henry led the Gamecocks to a 75-61 victory. He put up 20 points and nine rebounds. Jacksonville State’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over UT Martin. The Gamecocks had a rate of 0.589 while the Skyhawks posted a mark of 0.434.
Points at the line could be few and far between for Jacksonville State in this matchup. The Gamecocks rank 306th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.191, while UT Martin ranks 53rd in FTA rate allowed (0.186).
UT Martin Skyhawks vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
- Jacksonville State ranks 88th in assists per game (14.1) while UT Martin ranks 270th in assists allowed per game (18.2).
- The Gamecocks rank 99th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Skyhawks rank 250th (33.0).
- Jacksonville State averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 135th in the nation. UT Martin ranks 269th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (8.8 below their season average).
- The Gamecocks have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Jacksonville State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.6 points.