Offense meets defense when the UT Arlington Mavericks (2-0) head to Alabama to take on the No. 25 Crimson Tide (3-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152 points with Alabama set as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview
In the Mavericks last contest, they beat the BYU Cougars, 89-75. With 21 points and 10 assists, UT Arlingtons Erick Neal had a solid performance. The Mavericks had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 18.1) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.639 vs. 0.483).
The Crimson Tide will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Alabama A&M Bulldogs in their last outing, 104-67. Alabama was led by Collin Sexton, who contributed 25 points and five assists. The Crimson Tide had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (46.4 vs. 19.0) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.762 vs. 0.500).
The offense of Alabama will square off against the elite defense of UT Arlington. Dating back to last season, the Crimson Tide rank 221st in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 76th in defensive efficiency. The Mavericks should have the edge on that end of the court.
Since last season, the Mavericks have had records of 27-8 straight up (SU) and 19-12-1 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of UT Arlington games have finished under the O/U total since last season.
The Crimson Tide, on the other hand, are 22-14 SU and 18-16 ATS since last season. Over that same time frame, games including Alabama have gone under the projected point total 57.6 percent of the time.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Crimson Tide average 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. The Mavericks rank 170th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- UT Arlington ranks 40th in steals per game (7.4) while Alabama ranks 170th (5.9).
- Alabama ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while UT Arlington ranks 306th (26.2).
- The Mavericks rank 33rd in assists per game (16.0) while the Crimson Tide rank 246th (12.1).
- Alabama ranks 54th in blocks per game (4.4) while UT Arlington ranks 240th (2.4).