A 12-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (22-4, 12-1 SBC) when they square off against the UT Arlington Mavericks (16-11, 7-7 SBC) at Cajun Dome. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Odds Preview
In the Mavericks last matchup, they fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 84-71. UT Arlington’s Erick Neal had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 35 points on 13-for-19 shooting. Louisiana-Monroe’s 0.141 free throw rate was their largest advantage over UT Arlington, who had a mark of 0.113. The Warhawks mark was below their season average of 0.180, while the Mavericks’ was below their season average of 0.229.
The Ragin’ Cajuns hope to keep it rolling after topping the Texas State Bobcats in their last contest, 73-63. With 19 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Bryce Washington was the games high scorer. Louisiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.316 (above their season average of 0.288) and a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 16.2). Texas State was 0.175 and 14.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Louisiana takes on the elite defense of UT Arlington. The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 58th in defensive efficiency.
Johnathan Stove has really been playing well over the last five games for Louisiana, averaging 14.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Ragin’ Cajuns won 77-65. The Ragin’ Cajuns played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.352. For those same stats, the Mavericks recorded marks of 19.0 and 0.217, respectively. In the victory, Frank Bartley led all scorers with 26 points.
UT Arlington Mavericks at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns ATS Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Louisiana, ATS Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Over
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank sixth in assists per game (18.1) while the Mavericks rank 142nd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- UT Arlington ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Louisiana ranks 67th (3.0).
- Louisiana ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while UT Arlington ranks 287th (26.8).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 25th in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Mavericks rank 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Louisiana averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. UT Arlington ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 14.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).