The UT Arlington Mavericks (4-6) will travel to the Fertitta Center to square off with the Houston Cougars (5-2). The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Houston Cougars ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cougars had no trouble getting past the South Carolina Gamecocks, 76-56, while the Mavericks fell to the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 72-68.
Houston played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.263) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.524). For those same stats, South Carolina was 0.161 and 0.371, respectively. UT Arlington, on the other hand, held UC Santa Barbara to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 35.8). Houston received a boost from Nate Hinton, who had 17 points and 11 rebounds. David Azore, meanwhile led the way for UT Arlington, putting up 13 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
Houston could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Dating back to last season, Houston ranks 47th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while UT Arlington has forced the 81st-fewest turnovers (18.5 percent).
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Houston Cougars Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Houston, ATS Winner – Houston, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Houston averages 41.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. UT Arlington ranks 230th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- The Cougars rank 34th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Mavericks rank 57th (12.3).
- UT Arlington ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (5.8) while Houston ranks 26th (5.2).
- The Cougars rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Mavericks rank 199th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- Houston ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.6) while UT Arlington ranks 110th (3.0).