The USC Upstate Spartans (7-10, 2-2 BigSou) will be at Paul Porter Arena to clash with the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (5-11, 1-3 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
USC Upstate Spartans at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Runnin’ Bulldogs fell to the Winthrop Eagles, 99-95, while the Spartans were defeated by the Radford Highlanders, 63-59.
USC Upstate did a terrific job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent) while Gardner-Webb had an effective field goal percentage of 0.535 (above their season average of 0.471). Jose Perez had a good game for Gardner-Webb, putting up 35 points, six rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Tommy Bruner played a pivotal role for USC Upstate with 19 points.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last contest, Gardner-Webb won 64-59. Gardner-Webb’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over USC Upstate. The Runnin’ Bulldogs had a rate of 0.405, while the Spartans posted a mark of 0.160. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Gardner-Webb could have a tough time creating turnovers. USC Upstate ranks 119th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 18.7 percent), while Gardner-Webb forces the 77th-fewest turnovers (18.1 percent).
USC Upstate vs. Gardner-Webb ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Over
- Gardner-Webb ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.4) while USC Upstate ranks 163rd (2.4).
- The Spartans rank 141st in three pointers allowed per game (22.1) while the Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 254th (26.5).
- USC Upstate ranks 194th in assists per game (11.9) while Gardner-Webb ranks 200th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average).
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs have outscored opponents by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Gardner-Webb has lost by an average of 4.3 points.